Monday, April 28, 2008

Another Week Has Flown By

My sister, Laurie has done a better job of keeping up with her blog than I have. She has been giving updates on Mom's progress with her treatments as well as our progress in getting her moved into her new home. Whew! We are exhausted! Tim and I are planning to get back on the road today (we need to just so we can catch up on our rest). :o) It has been a long week, but things are looking up. Mom is finally starting to feel better and we have all their things moved over here from the other house. She is planning to slowly unpack and settle in as she has the energy. Hopefully she won't overdo it. It is going to be hard to leave, especially when we don't know when we can get back here. I'm praying the Lord will work it out for us to be here for her next treatment.

Below is a picture of the outside of Mom's new house. It's a lot bigger than it looks...plenty of room for visiters. She is looking forward to doing some entertaining in the near future.

Thanks to all of you that have been praying. We have really seen God's hand in all this. We are trusting in Him for Mom's recovery. She is still apprehensive about all her treatments and about the fact that this is something that will never completely go away. But, she knows Who holds tomorrow and is gaining physical and emotional strength each day. I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful role model. I wish I could be the encouragement to her that she has been to me over the years. I truely treasure each day I have with her! (I know, I'm waxing sentimental) :o)


4 comments:

Andrea said...

Hey, been prayin' for you all!! Glad to hear things are maybe starting to settle down alittle bit.
Love the house - it looks really adorable!

Anonymous said...

The house is really cute! I'm so happy for her. I have been reading Laurie's blog but was nice to see you had one also. Stay encouraged about your Mom. We do know who holds the future and trust me he will get your family through this. I am praying for all or you and know that I think of you all very often.

Sandy said...

I had to go way back on your blog to catch up (I don't come here very often) but I want you to know I'm glad you were there for your mom during this difficult time--you'll never regret taking the time and effort to do all you did. May God bless you all, and you're in our prayers. I really like your new truck! Wonderful! Any plans for Florida before it gets hot?

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

What a cute little house! I'm so glad you were able to get your parents moved. I'm so sorry about your mother. I will remember her in my prayers. She is the sweetest lady. Take care.